Deuteronomy 6:5-9

You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as front-lets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Our Garden

This is our 4th year of gardening. We have come along way from our tiny raised garden bed.  My sweet husband does all the work(with the help of our older children of course).  This year we have about 50 tomato plants, green beans, squash, zucchini, bell peppers, banana peppers, jalapenos, cucumbers, corn, watermelon, and cantaloupe.


Yesterday we got our first harvest of green beans. We gave away a grocery size bag, ate some for supper and I canned the rest.  They were really good.
I can't wait to start canning pickles, tomatoes, salsa, etc.....  Do you like to garden?

2 comments:

  1. Lovely garden!! Those beans look delicious too. We it will be about a month before we are harvesting anything. I should go and take pics today and post them on my blog. :) I love to garden... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, we love it. We have plenty of salad at the moment! I like your new blog. Blessings from all of us. Nicky

    ReplyDelete